News Articles*NBC Meet The Press | Bernie Sanders Full Interview: President Trump Is A 'Pathological Liar'. (02/12/17) [6:44]
Sorry, I missed this last week. I like Bernie Sanders and think he is the only one who cares for the little guy (anyone in the 90% category).
*Tulsi Gabbard Versus "Regime Change" Wars
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is a rare member of Congress willing to take heat for challenging U.S. "regime change" projects, in part, because as an Iraq War vet she saw the damage these schemes do, as retired Col. Ann Wright explains to ConsortiumNews.com.
I support Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, going to Syria and meeting with President Bashar al-Assad because the congresswoman is a brave person willing to take criticism for challenging U.S. policies that she believes are wrong.
It is important that we have representatives in our government who will go to countries where the United States is either killing citizens directly by U.S. intervention or indirectly by support of militia groups or by sanctions.
We need representatives to sift through what the U.S. government says and what the media reports to find out for themselves the truth, the shades of truth and the untruths. ... Read moreNBC Meet the Press | Reince Priebus: Michael Flynn 'Wasn't Straight Or Honest' (02/19/17) [6:14]
New World Order?? - Order for the Elites or the Common Man?? Who Benefits??
NBC Meet the Press | John McCain: 'I Worry About The President's Understanding' Some Issues (02/19/17) [11:54]
Trump Says There's Been No Russia Contact -- Of Course, Much Of What He Says Is Untrue
The Republican leader of the United States Senate was asked last week if he believed the Republican president's denial that his campaign colluded with the foreign power that was trying to help him win.
Mitch McConnell's answer: "I have no idea."
His office later said that McConnell misunderstood the question ? that he thought he was being asked if he personally knew whether Trump's campaign had colluded with Russia. Regardless, McConnell's four words represent the new president's problem in a nutshell. Having made falsehoods a staple of his public discourse, Donald Trump now faces enormous hurdles in getting even his erstwhile allies to put their names behind his credibility.
Trump has made untrue statements about the size of his inauguration crowd, the "standing ovation" he received at CIA headquarters, the "millions" of "illegal" votes cast in the November election, the murder rate, the news coverage given to terror attacks, and, just Saturday at his Florida "campaign" rally, about the amount of vetting refugees trying to enter the country must undergo and about a nonexistent terror incident in Sweden. That's just a partial list, and he's only been in office a month.... Read moreAnatomy Of The Deep State: An Open Conspiracy (02/11/16) [23:03]
The Deep State: The Fall of the Constitution and the Rise of a Shadow Government by Mike Lofgren (2016)*Peter Dale Scott - Deep State: Secret Government CIA FEMA & The Doomsday Network (01/25/15) [2:04:17]
Every Four years, tempers are tested and marriages fray as Americans head to the polls to cast their votes. But does anyone really care what we think? Has our vaunted political system become one big, expensive, painfully scriped reality TV show? In this cringe-inducing expose of the sins and excesses of Beltwayland, a longtime Republican party insider argues that we have become an oligarchy in form if not in name. Hooked on war, genuflecting to big donors, in thrall to discredited economic theories and utterly bereft of a moral compass, America's governing classes are selling their souls to entrenched interest while our bridges collapse, wages, stagnate, and our water is increasingly undrinkable.
Drawing on sinsights gleaned over three decades on Capitol Hill, much of it on the Budget Committee, Lofgren paints a gripping portrait of the dismal swamp on the Potomac and the revolution it will take to reclaim our government and set us back on course.
*The American Deep State: Wall Street, Big Oil, and the Attack on U.S. Democracy by Peter Dale Scott (2015)
This provocative book makes a compelling case for a hidden "deep state" that influences and often opposes official U.S. policies. Prominent political analyst Peter Dale Scott begins by tracing America's increasing militarization, restrictions on constitutional rights, and income disparity since the Vietnam War. He argues that a significant role in this historic reversal was the intervention of a series of structural deep events, ranging from the assassination of President Kennedy to 9/11. He does not attempt to resolve the controversies surrounding these events, but he shows their significant points in common, ranging from overlapping personnel and modes of operation to shared sources of funding. Behind all of these commonalities is what Scott calls the deep state: a second order of government, behind the public or constitutional state, that has grown considerably stronger since World War II. He marshals convincing evidence that the deep state is partly institutionalized in non-accountable intelligence agencies like the CIA and NSA, but it also includes private corporations like Booz Allen Hamilton and SAIC, to which 70 percent of intelligence budgets are outsourced. Behind these public and private institutions is the traditional influence of Wall Street bankers and lawyers, allied with international oil companies beyond the reach of domestic law. With the increasing importance of Gulf states like Saudi Arabia to oil markets, American defense companies, and Wall Street itself, this essential book shows that there is now a supranational deep state, sometimes demonstrably opposed to official American policies and public interest.
Defense Secretary Jim Mattis "We're Not In Iraq To Seize Anybody's Oil"
In the latest distancing by Trump administration advisors from recent statements by the President, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis arrived in Baghdad on an unannounced visit on Monday to discuss the war effort against ISIS, and said that the US military is not in Iraq "to seize anybody's oil." ... Read more
DemocracyNow - http://www.democracynow.orgDemocracy Now! U.S. and World News Headlines for Monday, February 20 [15:18] **DN | "For-Profit President": A Look at How Trump Is Pushing Wholesale Corporate Takeover of the Gov't (02/20/17) [8:09]
DN | Did Jeff Sessions Foreshadow New Immigration Crackdown in a Memo Before Becoming Attorney General? (02/20/17) [5:25]
*DN | DHS Memos: Speed Up Mass Deportations & Prosecute Parents Who Help Undocumented Children Enter U.S. (02/20/17) [4:15]
HumorLastWeekTonight with John Oliver
*John Oliver | Vladimir Putin is known as a ruthless leader and master manipulator. John Oliver enlists a group of singing dancers to explain that to Donald Trump. (02/19/17) [20:05]
Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
Samantha Bee | We're Still Not There: A Practical Guide to Resistance. (02/15/17) [5:42]
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
Stephen Colbert | This week our guests said it best. Bless you Christine Baranski, Laverne Cox, Maggie Siff, Sally Field and Bob Odenkirk. (02/18/17) [2:38]
Stephen Colbert | Moby Isn't A Credible Source, But Neither Is Kellyanne Conway. (02/18/17) [3:59]
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
Trevor Noah | President Trump's Bats**t Press Conference (02/17/17) [5:37]
TRNN News - http://therealnews.com/**TRNN | Matthew Fox and Paul Jay discuss -> Pope Francis Calls for Broad Front Against Tyranny and Savage Capitalism (1/2) (02/19/17) [15:17]
TRNN | Matthew Fox and Paul Jay discuss -> Steve Bannon Allies with Catholic Theo-Fascism Against Pope Francis (2/2) (02/20/17) [16:07]
*TRNN | PERI's Gerald Epstein says -> Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists (02/20/17) [8:25]
TYT News - http://www.tytnetwork.com/*TYT | EPA-Hating Scott Pruitt Confirmed Head Of EPA (02/18/17) [8:02]
*TYT | Trump Considering National Guard For Deportations? (02/18/17) [8:10]
TYT | You Won't Believe Who The Telecom Industry Is Bribing Now (02/19/17) [6:27]
RT - http://www.rt.com/
Ring of Fire - http://ringoffireradio.com/
Thom Hartmann - www.thomhartmann.com/
Diane Rehm - http://thedianerehmshow.org
Aljazeera - http://america.aljazeera.com/*Inside Story | What does Michael Flynn's resignation mean for Trump? (02/14/17) [24:45]
NPR (National Public Radio) - www.npr.org/
PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) - pbs.org/
MSNBC - Maddow/Hayes - www.msnbc.com/MSNBC Morning Joe | President Donald Trump, Sweden And Why We're 'Way Past Lines' (02/20/17) [10:47]
MSNBC Rachel Maddow | Kellyanne Conway Interview (02/xx/17 older) [13:37]
Trump Attacks 'Out Of Control' Media In Chaotic Press Conference
President Donald Trump launched a barrage of attacks on the press and leakers in an unsteady, unwieldy 77-minute press conference in the East Room of the White House on Thursday.
With his administration in crisis, Trump also defended the chaotic first month of his presidency, claiming that he had "inherited a mess" from President Barack Obama and that his administration "is running like a fine-tuned machine."
"I'm making this presentation directly to the American people with the media present ... because many of our nation's reporters and folks will not tell you the truth and will not treat the wonderful people of our country with the respect they deserve," Trump said.... Read moreTheGuardian | Donald Trump's press conference (full) (02/17/17) [1:26:54]
C-SPAN | CLIPS: Donald Trump Press Conference (02/16/17) [15:10]
*TYT | Trump's Press Conference MELTDOWN (02/16/17) [11:32]
President Trump implodes in unhinged 77-minute press conference
The president held a press conference to introduce the new labor secretary pick but mostly used his time to attack the press ... Read moreTYT | Is Trump Lying About Roger Stone And Russia? (02/16/17) [7:16]
Former Trump adviser Roger Stone: I had no contact with Russian officials
Former Donald Trump adviser Roger Stone rejected claims he had any involvement with Russian intelligence officials during or after the 2016 presidential campaign and said he welcomed a "fair, unbiased investigation" to clear his name. "Categorically, positively not," he said when asked Thursday on TODAY whether he had any regular dealings with Russians officials.
... Read more
Dow Dragged Lower By UnitedHealth After Government Sues Largest US Health Insurer
The Dow Jones "Industrial" Average is suffering one of its worst intraday declines in weeks as a result of a 3.6% drop in UnitedHealth shares, which are sinking on news that the DOJ joined a whistleblower lawsuit against the insurer filed by a former executive claiming the country's largest health insurer overcharged Medicare hundreds of millions of dollars. ... Read more
What Is the 'Deep State' -- And Why Is It After Trump?
The firing of Gen. Michael Flynn has popularized the concept of the "Deep State" across the political spectrum.
Breitbart's Joel Pollak attacks the disloyal "Deep State #Resistance" to President Trump, while conservative pundit Bill Kristol defends it.
"Obviously [I] strongly prefer normal democratic and constitutional politics," Kristol tweeted Tuesday. "But if it comes to it, [I] prefer the deep state to the Trump state." ... Read more
Aljazeera - http://america.aljazeera.com/Aljazeera | Inside Story -> What happens to global support for two-state solution? (02/16/10) [25:30]
DemocracyNow - http://www.democracynow.org*Democracy Now! U.S. and World News Headlines for Thursday, February 17 [12:42] Democracy Now! U.S. and World News Headlines for Thursday, February 17 (Full) [59:02]
DN | In First Solo Press Conference, Trump Attacks Media, Claims Admin Running Like "Fine-Tuned Machine" (02/17/17) [7:46]
DN | Denver Church Gives Sanctuary to Immigrant Mother Facing Deportation: "We Are Not Breaking Any Laws" (02/17/17) [7:06]
DN | Undocumented Mother in Sanctuary in Denver Church: I've Paid Taxes for 20 Years, Why Hasn't Trump? (02/17/17) [7:25]
DN | Why Did ICE Arrest & Imprison a 23-Year-Old DREAMer and DACA Recipient Living Legally in the U.S.? (02/17/17) [12:04]
DN | Does New Labor Secretary Nominee Alex Acosta Have the Perfect Résumé to Sabotage a Federal Agency? (02/17/17) [7:43]
*02/16/17 | Glenn Greenwald
DN | Glenn Greenwald: Trump Seems to Be Committed to Escalating Violence in Yemen (02/16/17) [1:26]
DN | Greenwald on Trump-Netanyahu Meeting & How Israel Is Turning into an Apartheid-Like State (02/16/17) [ 4:39]
DN | Trump Is Asked About Rising Anti-Semitism in U.S., He Responds by Boasting About Election Victory (02/16/17) [5:18]
DN | Greenwald: Empowering the "Deep State" to Undermine Trump is Prescription for Destroying Democracy (02/16/17) [10:30]
DN | Greenwald: Democrats Seem to Consider Snowden's & Manning's Leaks Evil & Leaks Under Trump Heroic (02/16/17) [7:36]
DN | Glenn Greenwald on Flynn-Russia Leaks: Highly Illegal & Wholly Justified (02/16/17) [7:22]
The Resistance with Keith OlbermannKeith Olbermann | Is The Trump White House High? Or What? (#35) (02/16/17) [6:58]
The Late Show with Stephen ColbertStephen Colbert | Donald Trump Wows At First Solo Stress Conference (02/17/17) [11:15]
Full Frontal with Samantha BeeSamantha Bee | The Great Unchecked Legislative F*ckfest of 2017 (02/15/17) [7:11]
Daily Show with Trevor NoahTrevor Noah/Daily Show | The GOP Weasels Out of Questions About Michael Flynn: (02/16/17) [4:54]
TRNN News - http://therealnews.com/*TRNN | Economist Michael Hudson says -> IMF Lent to Greece Knowing It Could Never Pay Back Debt (02/17/17) [13:05]
TRNN | FBI whistleblower Coleen Rowley says -> Did the Deep State Facilitate Flynn's Resignation? (02/17/17) [11:15]
TYT News - http://www.tytnetwork.com/TYT | How Many Insane Things Can Trump Say In One Press Conference? (02/16/17) [4:09]
RT - http://www.rt.com/
Note: As always, I don't necessary support all the sources I include in these New Pages, but I always think it is important to listen to all (coherent) sides.RT | CrossTalk: Flynn, Palace Coup? (02/17/17) [24:33]
RT | Trump on Russia: Getting along is great, sinking their ship is not (02/17/17) [4:53]
Ring of Fire - http://ringoffireradio.com/
Thom Hartmann - www.thomhartmann.com/ThomHartmann | Trump...YUGE Gift to America's Big Oil Lobby (02/15/17) [27:47]
Diane Rehm - http://thedianerehmshow.org
NPR (National Public Radio) - www.npr.org/
PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) - pbs.org/The Truth About the Useless F-35 (08/18/15) [37:15]
As I construct My News Pages I constantly run across a lot of NEW videos, and since I find YouTube frustrating trying to re-find videos, I save the links in this section so I can find them again.
- Keith Olbermann | 176 Shocking Things Donald Trump Has Done This Election (#01) (09/13/16) [17:25]
- Keith Olbermann | Rudy Giuliani Attacking Hillary Clinton's Health is Sick (#02) (09/19/16) [5:37]
- Keith Olbermann | Hillary was Wrong. All of Trump's Supporters Are "Deplorable" (#03) (09/20/16) [5:22]
- Keith Olbermann | How the Donald Trump Horror Flick is Stranger than Fiction (#04) (09/21/16) [5:07]
- Keith Olbermann | The Real Secret Behind Trump's Terrorism Plan (#05) (09/22/16) [7:02]
- Keith Olbermann | The Most Deplorable Thing Trump Has Done Yet (#06) (09/23/16) [6:55]
- Keith Olbermann | Trump Supporters Are Now Blaming Their Racism on Obama (#08) (09/25/16) [2:58]
- Keith Olbermann | Lists '74 Terrible Things' Donald Trump Did This Month (#09) (09/26/16) [10:33]
- Keith Olbermann | Why Donald Trump's Russian Connection is a Huuuge Problem (#10) (09/28/16) [5:11]
- Keith Olbermann | About That Other Wall Donald Trump Might Build (#11) (09/29/16) [5:39]
- Keith Olbermann | How to Gauge Hillary's Lead on Trump (#12) (09/30/16) [5:57]
- Keith Olbermann | WTF! Why is Trump Such a Weirdo About Dogs? (#13) (10/03/16) [5:06]
- Keith Olbermann | The Most Un-American Thing a Candidate Has Ever Done (#14) (10/04/16) [9:06]
- Keith Olbermann | Donald Trump's 50 Most Ridiculous Excuses (#15) (10/05/16) [6:26]
- Keith Olbermann | Trump Voters Are Angry? Here's What's Worthy of Anger (#16) (10/06/16) [7:12]
- Keith Olbermann | How Donald Trump Figures He'll Win Sunday's Debate (#17) (10/07/16) [7:38]
- Keith Olbermann | Jailing Hillary!? Trump's Outrageous Case for Dictatorship (#18) (10/10/16) [5:18]
- Keith Olbermann | Donald Trump's 30 Most Mind-Boggling Debate Moments (So Far) (#19) (10/11/16) [7:53]
- Keith Olbermann | How Would Trump Deport 11 Million People? Think About It. (#20) (10/12/16) [6:12]
- Keith Olbermann | We're Witnessing Donald Trump's Meltdown Here, Folks (#21) (10/13/16) [5:38]
- Keith Olbermann | Looks Like Trump is Now Peddling Russian Propaganda (#22) (10/14/16) [6:49]
- Keith Olbermann | Maybe Donald Trump is Really a Victim in All This (#23) (10/17/16) [7:00]
- Keith Olbermann | You're Lying to Yourself if You Think Trump is the Answer (#24) (10/18/16) [11:56]
- Keith Olbermann | The Secret Trick to Decoding Everything Donald Trump Says (#25) (10/19/16) [6:41]
- Keith Olbermann | Donald Trump Must Withdraw. Here's Why. (#26) (10/20/16) [7:12]
- Keith Olbermann | These Insane Excuses From Trump's Surrogates Are Deplorable (#27) (10/21/16) [6:50]
- Keith Olbermann | Would a Trump Win or a Foreign Invasion Be Worse? (#28) (10/24/16) [5:11]
- Keith Olbermann | This Election is Too Important Not to Vote for Hillary (#29) (10/25/16) [6:29]
- Keith Olbermann | The Normalization of Violence at Trump Rallies (#30) (10/26/16) [5:45]
- Keith Olbermann | To The Women Supporting Donald Trump... A Message (#31) (10/27/16) [5:30]
- Keith Olbermann | What's Behind Trump's Odd Infatuation with Dictators? (#32) (10/28/16) [5:24]
- Keith Olbermann | Trump is Right. This Email Debacle is Worse than Watergate (#33) (10/31/16) [7:41]
- Keith Olbermann | Is Donald Trump a Russian Agent? (#34) (11/01/16) [6:15]
- Keith Olbermann | Donald Trump and His Uncanny Resemblance to Horror (#35) (11/02/16) [8:13]
- Keith Olbermann | What is Donald Trump's Plan for Trump TV? (#36) (11/03/16) [6:45]
- Keith Olbermann | Be Angry With Donald Trump, But Not Afraid! (#37) (11/04/16) [8:17]
- Keith Olbermann | Is this the Last of Trump or a Preview of His Presidency? (#38) (11/07/16) [7:48]
- Keith Olbermann | Democracy is More Fragile Than We Think (#39) (11/08/16) [7:29]
- Keith Olbermann | The Terrorists Have Won: Donald Trump is the New President (#40) (11/09/16) [8:47]
- Keith Olbermann | The Resistance| Should We Give Donald Trump a Chance? (#01) (11/16/16) [6:10]
- Keith Olbermann | No, This is Not Normal Pre-Presidential Behavior (#02) (11/17/16) [7:16]
- Keith Olbermann | This is What Happens When You Criticize Donald Trump (#03) (11/22/16) [9:05]
- Keith Olbermann | The Surprisingly Easy Way to Get Rid of Donald Trump (#04) (11/23/16) [10:20]
- Keith Olbermann | Why Donald Trump is Not Fit to Be President (#05) (11/28/16) [4:22]
- Keith Olbermann | Can Donald Trump Possibly Believe What He's Saying? (#06) (11/30/16) [9:57]
- Keith Olbermann | "Government-Backed Attackers" May Have Hacked My Account (#07) (12/04/16) [5:32]
- Keith Olbermann | Trump is Steering Us Toward International Disaster (#08) (12/05/16) [6:51]
- Keith Olbermann | Trump May Have Just Flushed the Economy Down the Toilet (#09) (12/06/16) [5:11]
- Keith Olbermann | Let's Take a Look at Trump's Cabinet of Villains (#10) (12/08/16) [9:21]
- Keith Olbermann | Is There a Russian Coup Underway in America? (#11) (12/12/16) [6:46]
- Keith Olbermann | The Grave Danger of Trump's Intelligence Failure (#12) (12/13/16) [6:50]
- Keith Olbermann | Hamilton's Plan to Keep Trump From Becoming President (#13) (12/14/16) [8:17]
- Keith Olbermann | The Electoral College has Afirmed Donald Trump. What Now? (#14) (12/19/16) [9:37]
- Keith Olbermann | What Did Trump Know? (And When Did He Stop Knowing It?) (#16) (01/05/17) [7:42]
- Keith Olbermann | Still Supporting Donald Trump? This Message Is For You (#17) (01/06/17) [8:13]
Speeches | Platform
More News Menu
National Debt - TRILLIONS
*Demonocracyinfo | US Debt in Physical $100 bills [2:10]
United States owes a lot of money, with its debt equal to the size of the economy as of 2012. See the Statue of Liberty & WTC being dwarfed by the debt.
Five Banks Account For 96% Of The $250 Trillion In Outstanding US Derivative Exposure; Is Morgan Stanley Sitting On An FX Derivative Time Bomb?
Zero Hedge | Author | 09/24/11
The latest quarterly report from the Office Of the Currency Comptroller is out and as usual it presents in a crisp, clear and very much glaring format the fact that the top 4 banks in the US now account for a massively disproportionate amount of the derivative risk in the financial system. Specifically, of the $250 trillion in gross notional amount of derivative contracts outstanding (consisting of Interest Rate, FX, Equity Contracts, Commodity and CDS) among the Top 25 commercial banks (a number that swells to $333 trillion when looking at the Top 25 Bank Holding Companies), a mere 5 banks (and really 4) account for 95.9% of all derivative exposure (HSBC replaced Wells as the Top 5th bank, which at $3.9 trillion in derivative exposure is a distant place from #4 Goldman with $47.7 trillion). The top 4 banks: JPM with $78.1 trillion in exposure, Citi with $56 trillion, Bank of America with $53 trillion and Goldman with $48 trillion, account for 94.4% of total exposure. As historically has been the case, the bulk of consolidated exposure is in Interest Rate swaps ($204.6 trillion), followed by FX ($26.5TR), CDS ($15.2 trillion), and Equity and Commodity with $1.6 and $1.4 trillion, respectively. Read more